02-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #44
Alpine
Major

Drives: e90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Do I have to through this every week with a new Christian? READ MY POSTS.

Contrary what your priest tells you, ATHEISM IS NOT A RELIGION!!! No scripture, worship or gatherings. Do you think that atheists get together and talk about not believing in God? Do people that donít play chess have meetings to discuss not playing it???

I am anti religion because it is NOT true, (anecdotal evidence and a book do NOT count), it indoctrinates, stops free thinking and exploits gullible.

Science is backed by evidence, predictability and experiments. Christianity is based on an ancient man-made book!! Canít you see the difference?
I simply live my life just fine without religion.

You bag of arguments is full of logical fallacies and scripture quotes. All your previous claims and questions, I shot down.
I'm not a new Christian. I've been posting in the Christian forums since last summer, and I was saved nearly 15 years ago. So now you can READ MY POSTS.

Dictionary.com defines religion as:

1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:

So you're telling me that atheism isn't a set of beliefs? You're telling me that an atheist is completely excluded from being considered a person adhering to a particular set of beliefs? Hardly. You keep firing back at me, but do your own research. According to the definition, it is a religion. It's the religion of not believing anything. Argue with the definition if you want, I didn't write it.

And who said that to be a religion you had to get together and talk about it and that you had to play chess with someone to be considered religious? Sorry, but that's stupid. And of course you don't get together to talk about God. Why would you? You don't believe He exists...

You keep saying that the Bible is just this random book. Do your research and find that this little book has survived over 2,000 years, and is to date one of the most historically accurate accounts ever taken. Especially in the New Testament, the scriptures depict accurate accounts that even archaeologists cannot disprove. I'll be happy to cite real concrete evidence to back this up if you'd like. The Bible will withstand whatever you throw at it.

Quote:
You bag of arguments is full of logical fallacies and scripture quotes. All your previous claims and questions, I shot down.
See, that's what you keep thinking! e90im, in all respect, you have YET to give me one piece of CONCRETE evidence that disproves Christianity. You have yet to even give me any evidence at all! All you do is criticize, be incredibly disrespectful, and then get on YOUR high horse, and act like you're the smartest person in the world. If you want to gain any credibility in this thread, start citing evidence. Show me where the Bible has been disproved. Show me your scientific truths that say there is no God. If you're not going to cite evidence, then you have no argument. I cite the Bible just like I would cite a scientific journal. As fact. Where's your evidence? The only thing you've said throughout this entire thread has been your own personal opinion.

You haven't shot down anything except your own credibility.