View Single Post
      02-18-2008, 07:20 PM   #38
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep

Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
I've just noticed that you have complained about gas milage about this vehicle for a while now. Woudl ahve hoped that you would let it go by now but no harm no foul.

As far as the Hemi? I have the Grand Cherokee SRT8 witht eh 6.1 Liter V8 440tq 425 Hp. The car is a tank in consideration that it weights 4819 a little over 1k more then the M3 and with a 0-60 of 4.8, very respectable for a sports utility. Now the Gas mileage on the other hand? ouch! When I first bought the car I was averageing about 8 miles per gallon, now I get upwards of 12 if I drive like a granny that thinks shes gonan live till 200. Dont get me wrong I love the car. Its a blast killing Stangs, Cameros, 350z's and g35's as if they are nothing with a SUV. But I want the full hadeling aspect. Although the SRT8 handels great for a SUV in fact scares me how good sometimes. but its not a track car and its not as luxury as I would like it to be not to mention its starting to squeak like a Jeep (damn plastic).

thats one thing I missed about my e46 the service warrantee. I hear a squeak and bring it in and its fixed and thats for 4 years long....
Nice ride. You are right, it is a 6.1 litre that is also a 420 lb-ft normally aspirated torque monster that in your rides configuration weighs a 1000 lbs more than the flyweight M3 in comparison.

That is my whole point, the Hemi is a big and heavy 4 wheel drive that rides on a non aerodynamic body and chassis and gets decent mileage considering all these factors greatly impede it. The M3 on the other hand, is a lightweight 4 litre, on a light aerodynamic rear wheel drive chassis and body that gets terrible mileage with all these factors heavily favoring it.

You seem to be pleased with BMW 8% improved efficiency and ecstatic that they did not choose to implement DFI into the 4 litre's design.