View Single Post
      02-17-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
Negotiator
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 GTI

Does the republican party want a fascist state?

Before typing up a shit storm and hitting the quick respond, please understand that I'm not bashing the republicans, I'm simply trying to identify which direction they want to take the country in. In order to do so, please shed your association of fascism with Nazi Germany and Italy, and read the definition of the government:

Fascism is an authoritarian political ideology (generally tied to a mass movement) that considers the individual subordinate to the interests of the state, party or society as a whole. Fascists seek to forge a type of national unity, usually based on (but not limited to) ethnic, cultural, racial, religious attributes. Various scholars attribute different characteristics to fascism, but the following elements are usually seen as its integral parts: patriotism, nationalism, statism, militarism, totalitarianism, anti-communism, corporatism, populism, collectivism, autocracy and opposition to political and economic liberalism.

I freely concede that this is farfetched, but the fact that in my eyes there is a trend is scary. I'm simply looking for input, not a flame war, so please keep this civil in light of a fairly tabu topic.

P.S
Not a citizen, so I don't have a party affiliation nor am i able to vote, skip the leftist insults for other election threads. Thanks in advance.
Negotiator is offline   Ukraine