Thread: M3 Honeymoon
View Single Post
      02-15-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
M34ME
M34ME

Drives: BMW E92 M3

M3 Honeymoon

Good Day All

November 2007 is etched in my memory for ever.

As the days ticked past and after many calls over many weeks to check on a delivery date, I walked into my dealer on a Saturday morning with serious misgivings about my 2.5 year old order. Should I or shouldn't I? Do I really NEED the new M3. How could I JUSTIFY it? What's this REALLY all about? NO........this is a CRUSH, I am a MATURE adult, I will get over it. I had made up my mind. I strode though the entrance with strong resolve.

What happened next was....well....history. To my right I saw the salesman perched on the telephone pointing anxiously to my left. I caught my breath. Out of the corner of my eye I saw this incredible, almost organic machine. It was waiting silently, patiently for my arrival. My name was plastered on the windscreen with a big "congratulations". There it was. This was it. This was for real - the Silverstone / black leather 414BHP V8 with 19" wheels, sunroof and premium stereo system. I mean, the site of this indescribable entity made everything around it look like we were headed to warp factor 10 Mr. Sulu.

If ever anybody ever wishes to make a film about an arranged marriage where counter-intuitively its LOVE AT FIRST SITE......I'm your script consultant.

3 months and 5,000kms later, the honeymoon is still in full flight.
Attached Images

Last edited by M34ME; 02-15-2008 at 10:54 PM.
M34ME is offline   Australia