Originally Posted by Xcellere
1. Yes, I'm sure about that. iPhones/iPods do an internal digital to analog conversion and subsequent audio/video degradation occurs once the sound hits your speakers.
2. The iPod Adapter itself is simply a USB port. So no, without the iPod Adapter you won't have a USB port to plug this device into. And yes, iDrive will recognize this flash drive just fine as I've tested it in the 08 M5 and it works with no lag time whatsoever.
3. Actually USB flash drives do allow for browsing your content library through the iDrive interface. iPods and USB flash drives merely store the ID3 tags linked to your songs, so it's up to the iDrive system to sort, organize, and display your library.
Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by Technic
1. He's correct, it is only analog line out.
2. No; you have to get the 6FL option (iPod/USB adapter)
3. If the data in the USB is correctly tagged and organized you will see pretty much the same display organization as an iPod playlist scheme.
Thanks guys. This is really helpful.