Originally Posted by lucid
1. Are you saying the iPod will not output a digital signal dricetly to the head unit in the car? Are you sure about this?
2. If you don't get the iPod option, is there a USB port that comes standard with the car that you can plug this into? Will it be recognized by the audio system in the car?
3. I thought the main advantage of getting the iPod option was the ability to browse through your collections with the car's interface. This clearly would not allow for that, right?
1. He's correct, it is only analog line out.
2. No; you have to get the 6FL option (iPod/USB adapter)
3. If the data in the USB is correctly tagged and organized you will see pretty much the same display organization as an iPod playlist scheme.