View Single Post
      02-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
devo
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: .2GT3/335Cpe/991 GT3 coming
Location: thinking about cars, girls and money, not necessarily in that order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
Here's the response I just got back from the Internet Sales Manager: "Thank you for your interest in BMW and the new 2008 M3. Yes I have the allotment and I can schedule a European Delivery for that date of April 8 2008. I would need you to fill out a credit application and make a deposit of $1000.00 to start. This order might require a larger deposit once submitted to BMW FS just to let you know."

You guys think this is for real? And what in the hell is he talking about, BMW FS might require a larger deposit? Doesn't the dealer decide that?
Some dealers require a large deposit that is refundable until the car goes to an unchangeable status. The M3 may not be the case with many dealers because of it's current popularity. I know that one dealer near me requires a $5k deposit. Again, it is refundable until the car is scheduled for production.

It sounds like what you are looking for, right? You should look in to it further. I don't know what FS means.

The dealer I am currently working with hasn't asked for any deposit, but that's likely because they know they will sell it if I back out.