View Single Post
      02-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #145
GH32335i
Lieutenant

Drives: '07 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Everyone who subscribes to a particular religion believes it to be the correct one, by definition. You can provide an infinite number of reasons why it is the 'right one', just like everyone else can, about their religion.

If you find someone that is 'lost', without a religion, you may help that person 'see the light'. However, trying to convince a devout believer of something else is ludicrious, and absolutely offensive.

Saying that your religion is the 'right one' implies that you don't understand why people would choose other religions. If you can grasp this concept, a tenet of religious freedom, it would go a long way toward promoting religious tolerance.

Whether one believes in a religion or not...there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion.

- Dalhi Lama
I would agree with that. I believe that everyone who has a strong religious belief feels that their religion is "the right one". I don't feel you can change their minds, they must change their own minds at some point if it's ever going to change. And it does happen, but not too often.

On the flipside, you guys that have no religion should not tell those of us that do, that we need to wake up and think for ourselves. By doing so, you are trying to force your own belief system on us.
GH32335i is offline   United_States