Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
How might I prove the lack of existence of something that never existed in the first place? The surplus was on paper, based on growth projections that were unreal, and frankly, impossible.
Seems what never existed in the first place is facts to back up your statements. Without proof, your statements are just opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
Tell me, what did Clinton do to further the long-term growth of the economy so that surplus would actually happen? Where did he invest?
You conveniently forget that Clinton began his presidency with a sinking economy and huge budget deficit which he inherited from Bush 1. Although he is a democrat Clinton was a fiscal conservative. He used fiscal discipline to balance the budget and lower interest rates which jump started economy. He encouraged private investment and investment in technology with a global perspective. Under the Clinton administration more jobs were created than under Reagan and Bush 1 combined. He even passed welfare reform. Ironically Clinton turned out to be more of a fiscal conservative than the Republicans who preceeded him.

For the record, I'm not a big Bill Clinton fan, for instance I think it's clear NAFTA was a big mistake, but your statements about his record have just been factually incorrect. You're letting your hatred for Bill blind you to the facts. Next you'll probably deny that Bill Clinton presided over the longest economic expansion in US history. But if you do deny it, be sure to bring some facts to back up your statements, or should I say your opinions.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper

Last edited by BKsBimmer; 02-05-2008 at 06:45 AM.