///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gan1hck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
I would suggest "if" going with stoptech the ST-60 front only. I don't think the st-40 front makes any since. With that said I am not impressed with stop tech. The braking performance isn't much better than OEM other than larger pad life. Plus there is more pad knock back than I would like. My AP Racing (euro version) performs much better. Food for thought.......
Not even resistance to fade?

I'm getting fade about 10 minutes into a session with stock calipers and PFC08's.

Are you saying that the ST40's won't be any better?
I never ran the stock setup on this car but IMO the ST-40's definitely have some fade resistance vs stock. They do include true two piece multi-vane rotors at least (and make pad swaps easier). That said I have experienced some fade with them. Texas heat, track almost to myself, about 22-23 minutes in to a session on a shorter course with reduced brake cool down periods, Motul 600 and ST-40 PFC08 fronts, Stoptech Performance OEM rears, I boiled my fluid pretty good. Same track upgraded to Castrol SRF, adding PFC08 OEM size rears, and Ti shims up front, no issues. I maybe had a soft pedal at the end of one session but it was quite manageable. (I really think having the rear track pads helped the most.)

Then that same setup at COTA was fine but I was managing my brakes slightly. Benefit of going for larger rotors and maybe even both the front/rear ST-40 combo will be that you can manage your brakes less.

Another option, some of these pricier BBK's come with 372mm front rotors instead of 380mm and they may fit under your wheels more easily. Price for both front/rear kit will eclipse Stoptech though.

Tough call I know, happy to answer any questions!