View Single Post
      05-02-2016, 05:51 PM   #1612
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone
Went to Speed District's Big Willow day. The forecast had been threatening rain, but it was BEAUTIFUL!

E90 M3
Track/course: Big Willow Springs
Best Lap Time: 1:27.50 (transponder)
Brakes: AP Racing - Cobalt Friction XR2 front/XR3 rear
Tires: BFGoodrich R1S 285/30/18 square on Apex Arc-8 10.5" (tires on 2nd day)
Suspension: JRZ RS Pro
Other mods: VF620, RD Sport front sway bar, car is gutted with full roll cage, APR 67" GT-250 wing, carbon lip, APR front splitter, Akrapovic X-Pipe, exhaust: straight through with resonators, Recaro Pro Racer halo seat, Euro-MDM on.

I have never driven with R1S tires at Big Willow. I wanted to get a baseline time with them with Euro-MDM on since that's what I'm familiar with. I really like the R1S tires. They just feel good on my car.

I also drove with DSC-off, but kept getting caught in traffic, so I don't have any good times to report with DSC-off. Plus, I had to cut the day short because I needed to get back home. So, results with DSC-off will have to wait. MDM definitely does not like the Turn 3/4/5 combo when you're trying to go fast. It's just unhappy there.

Anyway, I haven't been to Willow Springs in 5 months, and this PR was my first hot lap of the day. I was definitely rusty going through Turns 3/4/5 on my first hot lap, but the overall result was good. Ultimately, I did three laps in the 27's: 1:27.5, 1:27.7 and 1:27.8. The slower 27's had better sectors on the first half of the track than the PB lap since they happened later. After looking at the AIM data, it's clear that I can clean up my driving quite a bit. I have no doubt that better results are possible. I just don't get to Big Willow that often so it's hard to get into the groove there.

Oh yeah, and I caught up with a raced out Lambo at the end of the lap, so I let the video run a bit longer than usual after the finish line so we can admire it's highlighter-ness.

Here's the video:

Heh its that same damn lambo that kept messaging to my hot laps at the buttonwillow event.