Originally Posted by masmole
My guess is that US bureaucracy like crash testing, etc will keep the M-DCT M3 away from the US order bank at least until this fall or 6-8 months from now, and it will be one of the major additions to the 2009 model, including the convertible.
Going by that, I will take my dealer's first 6MT M3 in March and enjoy it and decide next year whether or not I want to upgrade to an 2009 model with M-DCT after the first few examples are evaluated by other forum members.
Are you smoking crack?
All kidding aside, I think it will be available for US production from Jan 21st forward. I have no facts just a hunch. I believe BMW has been waiting to announce the price here in the US until all options have been finalized. Here's to wishful thinking!