01-08-2016, 09:27 AM   #1182
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Aus, great of you to continue building this list. Do you know what happend to SenorFunkyPants, didn't he run a similar thing in parallel?
Not sure where he went. He was doing more with the data, trying to figure out patterns/trends for engine failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper135I View Post
The car had a tune + exhaust . Tune would allow for revs up to 8.4k. Every time I tracked it and hit redline the rpm was recorded. Car was returned to stock, but ovbs the rpms were still recorded by the car. I'm just thankful BMW is covering it. There was a very light tick at cold start but car has exhaust as I mentioned before, so very hard to hear any ticking on cold start . Should be ready next week. I totally understand you have to "pay to play"... But the car was dct and even with the tune I never once hit fuel cut or went above 8.3-8.4k. On top of that its a newer s65 with less than 20k miles . The motor gave out while I was cruising at 5k rpm on the freeway. It drove absolutely the same. Only difference was I felt a slight shaking and let off the gas, second I did so the car completely shut off . It was a pretty scary situation. Guessing the rod went through the motor.. Next day found oil under the car before it went to BMW . Back to the n54 for me =P haha .
Can you help the community and take 5 minutes to file a complaint with NHTSA since it happened while you were driving? It's really the best way to apply pressure to BMW to fix this.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0