View Single Post
      01-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #69
swamp2
Lieutenant General

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Yeah you're right. Anyway that's a resolution of mine: Praising Audi for their achievements.

Today: FSI
Kudos to Audi for inventing such a great system.

Best regards, south
A nice resolution south. And I know despite the sarcasm there is always a bit of truth in every sarcasm. Hey - at least they are both German!

E: One enormous part of the equation of who is ahead is IMO who releases it first. You guys should all know I like M>>S, RS, etc. but they still make great cars and in some ways are ahead of BMW. DSG is the other example. M-DCT is probably going to be better than DSG, is it better that they "waited" (or developed more) a bit. However this only means they are more conservative, not ahead. Audi's DSG system is by the way good enough to be hailed as a revolutionary transmission. M-DCT will be polish on Audi's (Borg Warner's...) innovation.

Seems to be a theme with Audi vs. BMW Audi was first with AWD, DGI, DSG, etc. then BMW comes a bit (or by choice much) later and likely better. I'm sure there are many other examples from those who have followed the history of each brand better than I.
swamp2 is offline   United_States