View Single Post
      01-04-2008, 06:21 AM   #58
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Wow, that seems quite low for the DCT option in Canada. I hope you are right. I agree with the second statement wholeheartedly. As long as M-DCT performs I think the vast majority of those who prefer MT would still buy it and be happy with it. Even though it did not work out perfectly in the NA market BMW offering the M5/6 (initially) and CSL abroad all only with SMG was a good and progressive decision.

Lastly the third statment was the true charm and both really funny and novel. This one has not been brought up in the pages and pages of MT vs. DCT debate.

@///MArdor: Look at the "competitive" (not exactly the same technology) prices from other folks (again like Porshe) and look at what SMG II in the E46 M3 cost. Then think a bit about what folks would label "outrageous". I think putting all of these small details together tells us the price. Even if $3k is off and not high enough there is a snowballs change in hell it'll be $5k in the US.

The $2200 is for SMG3 on the M5 / M6. I think it would be difficult for ask for more than $2200 for the MDCT in a M3.

Sometimes the OEM needs to save drivers from themselves......

I should start some polls:
  • Who can brake better than their ABS system?
  • Who can regulate coolant temperature better, you with a valve or engine management?
  • Who thinks electric starters are for wimps?