scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Yeah I've heard that explanation before. Hmm. I cant seem to agree with it though. Respectfully, I'll explain:

Firstly, ice, water & vapour ALL contain H20. It's just that H20 is in different forms i.e solid, liquid and gas. This is not the case for God in Christianity. There is God the Father, God the Spirit and God the Son (human). These are completely different things.

"Behold (have a look at) my hands and my feet, that it is I myself (I am the same fellow, man!): handle me and see; for A SPIRIT has no flesh and bones, as you see me have...
And he showed them his hands and his feet."

Luke (24:39)

Other people have tried to explain in the following way: a person could be a father, a son and a businessman. However, that fails too. If I told the father a secret the son and businessman would also know it because they are the same person. However, let's look at Bible:

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Mark 13:32

This shows that the 3 people in the trinity dont share the same knowledge. I hope I was clear.
I don't claim to be a scholar. I accept the principle of the Trinitarian Godhead and it is a basic and inseparable concept that helps to define my faith. I could attempt to argue my beliefs with you, but I would need to understand where your beliefs differ, and then we would have to agree on what is scripture.

When it comes right down to the most important aspects of my faith, it is that I love God and I love my neighbor (both friends and enemies). That love includes attempting to nurture the spread of Christian faith. This should never be through intimidation, but kindness.

My faith may be different than yours. My God may be the same God. I think that Christian, Jew, and Muslim all enjoy the blessings of the God of Abraham. Abraham became many nations.

In as much as it depends upon me, I intend to live at peace with those of other faiths and to win some for Christ.

Even where our faiths differ greatly, the divide may be bridged on common values, and for the love of peace.