View Single Post
      12-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #22
Private First Class
Silvr&Blk's Avatar

Drives: 2006 E90 330i Jet Blk
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oaktown, Cali

iTrader: (0)

Here in Cali, all claims for freeway/highway related damges go thru CalTrans - the California Transportation Authority. They have a legal dept. that processes all claims and settled millions a year with CA drivers for reasons like yours. The only caveat is that there has to be notice of the problem for them to take responsibility. That is, they have on record from a driver or an employee that there was a pothole on the road that you were on b4 you hit the hole and damaged your ride.

You will need to file a claim with the Mass. Transportation Authority and plead your case. They will normally send you a claim for and you will need to provide receipts and documentation for reimbursement.