12-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #68
footie
Major General

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Here was hope that another one would take that "statement" on so I don't have to, but nevertheless.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm trying not to comment your verbal lapses, so here are the facts:
You're telling the M3 being 7 seconds faster on Nürburgring than the S4. Right, but that's the B6 S4, so we're not talking about 265bhp on the S4, we're talking about 344bhp (in germany - that's one hp more than the M3 had in Germany). So no power advantage at all for the M3, same power which resulted in 7 seconds difference. The S4 you're talking about (B5) does the Ring in 8.42 (so we're at 20 seconds!).
Referring the RS4 you're providing the same kind of misinformation: The 375bhp achieved a 8.25 (3 seconds slower than M3).
So who's the fanboy now? Stop bashing with wrong information! :mad:
To cool down you could read some S5/335i comparisons to get an idea who the duel between M3 and RS5 will end...

Best regards, south
I know this was going back quite a bit but it amazes me just how misinformed some people are to what other brands are producing.

South is correct that the duel between the new M3 and RS5 will be something similar to that of the S5 and 335i, but only if you agree that the S5 is slightly better than the 335i because this should be the case when the RS5 arrives, it should be slightly better than the M3. But like all RS models it will also command a slightly higher price as well.
footie is offline   No_Country