View Single Post
      12-28-2007, 12:30 AM   #13
World's Foremost Authority
captainaudio's Avatar

Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

iTrader: (0)

Originally Posted by Majikthese42 View Post
About 17% of Federal spending is defense/military, including Iraq. The other 83% is "free" drugs for seniors, $350 million "bridges to nowhere", mortgage bailouts, stuff like that.

Highways are a basic state and local responsibility. I hit a fine New Jersey pothole last weekend -- fortunately with a 16" wheel so nothing bent. I have my doubts about a state that decides to open cloning laboratories when they can't figure out how to perform basic services -- like filling the potholes on the state highways.

Maybe Massachusetts could fill the potholes with all the taxes they collect.
I intend to file a claim with the State of New Jersey to get reimbursed for replacing my rim.
I called and am waiting for the claim form.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - American Mural Project - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England