12-26-2007, 10:23 PM   #13
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgasaad View Post
Thanks Lucid, if this is the case then there are really no incentives for me to wait that long for the M3. I am # 13 on my dealer's list and I will not buy manual gear which means i might have to wait even longer. Above 70K is expensive for me but the M5 is a great car and specially if there is no wait then i am willing to dig deep into my pocket. M5 comes with SMG standard and i don't have to add anything to the basic model. However, adding options to the M3 will most likelly take it well into the 70s. I really did not know i can get any M5 under 83-85K if not more.
Are you referring to a new or used M5 in that price range? Thanks again Lucid
Invoice on the 2008 M5 is 76k, MSRP is 83k. I bet you can get pretty close to invoice, and if you are willing to buy a new 2007 model that has been sitting around for a while, you can probably do even better. A local dealership has a black M5 parked in the showroom. It's been there for over a year. I bet they'd be happy to see it go. I've "heard" of people getting 5-7k under MSRP on the M5. But there is a 3k gas guzzler tax on top of that, so the total without sales tax might be closer to 80k. Ask around a M5 forum to confirm this. It's a great car. It just seems to be overpriced and it's not selling well. Good luck.