Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
I voted base above $65K but it's really hard to say.... price really isn't the limiting factor for me, and there is no other car in the price range that I'm considering.... BUT every $1000 more just makes it a little harder to open my wallet. I may still buy it even if it is outrageously expensive, but it will no longer be a "gotta have it now" decision, since I think the higher the price, the fewer the buyers, and the more we'll see on dealer lots... thus, bigger discounts.....
What i'm getting at is that after the initial "M3 or nothing" demand is met, the market will decide the price -- just like with the M5. If the base price comes out over $62K, I'm going to be very cautious.....
+1. If the base is in the mid 60s, it would make a lot of sense to wait until the 2009 model year and pick it up at a significant discount. I just don't see how they can sell 50000 of these cars at that price.