Originally Posted by sdiver68
Objectivity means looking at all the evidence. The evidence out there supports the GT-R being faster than the 911TT. To whit we have:
1) Nissan having as a stated design goal to be faster than the 911TT at the N'ring.
2) Hundreds no thousands of witnessed test laps of the GT-R with a 911TT.
3) A fully data logged and video recording of the GT-R going around the N'ring faster than a 911TT with a race driver N'ring specialist in its drivers seat.
4) SportAuto editor in 1 day of GT-R testing going faster than he ever had around N'ring in a 911TT.
5) Independent documented track times at 3 other racing circuits with the GT-R being faster.
The how this is possible will come out later, right now the evidence is overwhelming that the GT-R does indeed beat the 911TT in terms of getting around a road racing circuit.
2) meaningless...I'm pretty sure if nissan controlled both cars, we can predict the 'winner'...now put a factory Porsche with Walter out there...different outcome...
3)short lap...cut slicks
4)cut slicks, prototype, tweeks?
5)all form Japanese sources indebted/beholden to nissan and nation pride...
we'll know in 1.25 years when it's released in Europe...
500 lbs heavier
16% less torque
1/3 less power band
NOT faster, no way...