12-17-2007, 05:32 AM   #80
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Blunt is fine, confused/mistaken is not. If you are still talking about shift times I say BS. You need to get over my appropriate criticism of your past speculation, keep that on that thread and stop tyring to simply turn the tables here. I provided lots of real and accurate actual data along with semi-subjective reviews from journalists about the "feel" of each tranmission, combined with my direct experience with SMG II which pretty much matches what everyone say/knows about that system. I would like a chance to address anything you believe to be speculation (I think I already have done so by the way, but if not, I will keep going).
DSG style boxes work by spooling up to speed the other gear so it's an instant transition between the two gears without any lose in power. How Nissan aren't achieving this is a mystery to me.........don't know about you though as you do seem to have a broad knowledge of most things mechanical.

It's easy to explain why SMG style gearboxes can be felt regardless of the speed of shift that's done but not DSG, sorry I can't understand what is going on that at all.

So if you can explain it in a way that sound logical to me, please feel free.

P.S.

The more I think about it the more I believe Nissan's time between changes sounds about right and what you are feeling is the brief stop in acceleration that you don't get with DSG, admittedly all 0.2s of it.
Appreciate 0