scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateneo_BluEagles View Post
before bush, $500 Billion surplus...during Bush's presidency, US owes more than $1,500,000,000,000 (and counting)
The youtube videos were very funny. I laughed a lot at them. My wife didn't seem to think they were funny (and she doesn't like GWB). She couldn't understand why I was laughing so hard at them since I speak unfavorably of the Bush haters. Of course you can find funny clips that serve to reinforce the haters conclusions about the intelligence of the president. If all we showed were the good speeches, would you conclude that he was very articulate and brilliant? He was very articulate and moving in his speech to the joint session of congress after 9/11. I would like to see that shown here.

As for the deficit... The economy was dealt a huge blow by 9/11 on the heels of the Clinton recession. Under such circumstances, running on a deficit is your best option. This aids the recovery. If you did the reverse, that is to cut spending and raise taxes, you would dig a very deep hole in the economy. What the haters hate most is that the Bush presidency has worked so well despite all their effort to destroy him and this country.

I did not support GWB in the primaries until he clinched the Republican nomination. Then I was only luke warm to him. He rose to the occassion and has done very well. To all the haters: You should eat humble pie.