View Single Post
      12-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #34
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
Or perhaps an M Coupe?

When I decided to replace the Z4 2.5i with something faster and hardtopped, I looked at everything - 6-series, 911, Cayman S, SLK, CLK, used SL500, blah, blah. Half of them are more luxury cruisers than sports car (the 911 is a great GT but still...) and for luxury I'd rather have a 4-door. In fact, I'm thinking of getting a 530i...
I see where you're coming from, but the 911 in S or GT form is IMO the most visceral experience you'll ever get from a car you can enjoy on any occassion. For me, the 6 is too lux, the Cayman is too small (the leg room just isnt there for me to drive it more than an hour without complaining, and benzes are completely too luxury oriented...

But give me a 911S that is as special to me on a sunday morning when i'm going on a joyride as it in on Monday morning when i've come up with an excuse to "have to" drive it to work and you've got yourself a winner. Plus, childhood dreams never die.

But in the meantime, the 335i is one heck of a midway point.
2007 E92 335i - TC Kline DA Coilovers, HPA M3 Suspension Retrofit, Quaife LSD, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, Volk TE-37s, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Forge DVs, Stett OC, RB Turbos, Procede V5, PWM Meth, Helix IC, EAS DCI, Rixster VEI, M-Tech Sides, OEM Aero Lip, Rieger Spoiler, Vorsteiner V-35 Hood, Performance Steering Wheel, Anthracite Headliner, OSS Headlights
TheAcAvenger is offline   United_States