Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I have no problem with the morals that Mormons try to live by. A lot of them are the same morals that I try to live by.

Why I brought this up is that among the Republican candidates for president this year is a Mormon. He has attempted to gloss over the differences between Mormons and Christians. If he simply would respond to the questions about his faith honestly, it might not help him in the polls, but at least he would not be seen as deceptive. When the Democrat who was Catholic ran in the '60s, he entertained the questions and answered them as fully as he could. He gave some degree of closure to the questions. Not this year's Republican.
Are you kidding me??

When Mitt Romney's father ran for the presidency 40 years ago, his Mormonism was not an issue. When Mo Udall was a major challenger for the Democratic nomination in 1976, his religion was so irrelevant that today most people don't even remember that Udall was a Mormon.

Five members of the Senate are Mormon. Are there any intimations that the Mormonism of Harry Reid, Orrin Hatch, Gordon Smith, Michael Crapo or Robert Bennett corrupts, distorts or in any way diminishes their ability to perform their constitutional duties?

Have you heard one question asked of the Democratic nominee's about religion?? NO!

What a double standard!