Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthretourNAFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
I love M snobs. I've had a 1M and now an M3. The 1M is more exhilarating in most every way. M3 suspension and brakes, LSD, and weighing in much lighter. How is that not an M? It's the closest thing they have come to the original M3. I love the S65 engine note, but that is about the only place the M3 trumps the 1M. Id be back in a 1M right now if it wasn't for the fact they are still selling above MSRP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Not calling someone a snob over not agreeing with me, I'm just saying there is a lot of snobbery flying around on this post. The 1M was a specific model, not a package that you could add to an existing model. Sorry if you don't agree, but even BMW put it under their M lineup (unlike the other MSport models being discussed on here).

I'm just venting because this post epitomizes the BMW "snob" stigma. Who cares what the guy was saying about his m235. Was it really ruining your day enough that you had to "educate" him? Maybe it's the nicest car he has ever had? BMW put some M stuff on it so he was proud of it. What would have been so hard to say nice car, love the wrap and leave it at that? Do I think it is an M model? No. Would I have called the guy out about his pride and joy? No. Whatever. Different strokes for different folks.
You are the troll and the aggressor. An aggressor because you are making defamatory statements about the OP who clearly stated in his original post and on two more occasions that that m235 owner (very much like you) started making unprovoked invectives based on the false premise that he had an M car. It is silly and laughable to even entertain a debate on this topic. Just go to bmwusa click on : "Vehicles" "M Models" : M3, M4, M5, M6. Right on ! All Singled digit number cars. They never categorized an m235i or a 1M as an M car. That is just your wishful disillusion and jealousy or more exactly funny BS.

Second you are a jealous troll, very much like 135i, 238i posters in this thread. There was a time when that role was fulfilled by jealous 335is owners. Same thing, they hated that their cars was not an M. You have to pay to play. That's not snobbery that's a fact of life. There is absolutely nothing pejorative in keeping with the manufacturer classification. When you cross the line and start calling your car something it is not, expect to be laughed at and taken for a fool's ride with silly pride.

As far as trying to deceptively instigate feelings of guilt to those calling an non-M car a non-M car to cushion the sensitive feelings of the owner. That strategy is as laughable as the whole argument.
That tactic seems quite popular these days in the political scene, pushing a lie because it is subjectively "politically correct" is fallacy and lie.
Troll.....mmmkay. The 1M is not listed under M models anymore because they quit making it genius. Jealous? I bought my 1M new and currently own an e92 M3. How can I be jealous when I basically own the same car as the OP?
Appreciate 1