Let me see...I looked at that too...$58k plus options AND a markup (sales guy I spoke with last week was talking at least $4k to the MRSP on all their waitlist deliveries and said they're out to #18 or so which they don't plan to be able to fill until 2009!) from my normal local dealer who I've bought 2 prior BMW's from and do all my Dinan upgrades OR mil sales for $49k MSRP plus options? It wasn't close. I'll wait till end of May or June for my car with military Sales and take the $6-8k saved roughly and use it on options and upgrades thank you very much. After all what is 3-4 months more? Believe me you'll kick yourself in the AM if you waste $3-4k unless like others have said you have $$ to burn and it doesn't matter OR you HAVE to be 1st to have one.
A personal decision but me...I agree I'd wait and go Mil sales especially on something that will start depreciating the moment I drive it off the lot!
Only problem will be finding a mil sales that still has an 08 allocation for a car so you get delivery in the early spring/summer and not have to wait for an 09 car which would put you in the fall/winter delivery situation. I'd send some emails and do some recon if it was me. Good luck...let us know how the car looks and drives if you get a Feb allocation with your local guy by all means!