12-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #152
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
I've been saying this from the begining. No software out there can really replicate "launch techniques" because it's a human factor. Reaction times makes a huge difference. Like the example that i've posted in the "regression thread", when i took my car in a track the best 1/4 mile that i got was 15.9 & 16.0. But when my friend drove my car who is much more experience than i am, he was able to do 15.4 and 15.5. The same applies to a track course, the driver factor will significantly have a huge difference on how fast or slow a car will perform.
Sure, but you can input values for launch parameters that represent the best a human can do to model the best possible case. That is okay since the published empirical data are obtained through best case scenarios to begin with anyway--meaning the mags will try to use expert drivers and do several runs to arrive at the best outcome. How representative all that might be of real-life driving is another question. But the published data do not address that issue either.
Appreciate 0