View Single Post
      11-27-2007, 07:49 PM   #80
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Exactly. Not taking sides.

Haven't even met Matt. Dr325 - All I know is constantly boasting/bragging about your job online in a public forum is well, rather pathetic. You're doing well, good for you. I'm happy for you, no need to brag or be redundant. The worst part is looking down on someone because you feel their job is lesser than yours.
Actually, accept for Matt, I never looked at someone else down because of his/her job since I worked some ugly stuff on my way up, and I completely understand it.
And I would have not even mentioned it if he (Matt) did not start it... I like to debate, not involve personal attacks, but again, he started it, so, it is a lot of fun to do it at this point...
I never called him stupid or an idiot again until he did it, so...

As for the Fortune 100 companies, I agree and sdisagree witht he comments above. In theory, majority of those companies are pleasent to work for and you feel secure. Of course, most of them go through the cycles and it is business, if the outlook looks bad for them, they turn sour. However, there is a good chance that those will survive the downturn.

I know a lot of Dell people since Dell was my customer for 10 years (almost) and since many of my college buddies worked for them. I don't know a single person that hated it at Dell, some of them are still there...