09-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #1135
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
Thanks! The car is a pig and understeers like a FWD so I have to turn in early/ trail brake and use as much of the track as possible, curbs and a bit of dirt/ grass before they repaved, LOL! I think it'll be better if I move to a square setup or R-compound, but I'm having too much fun with the crazy trail braking into oversteer setup I have going right now hehe. Might not be the fastest way around but it is massively fun!! I agree that Oak Tree sequence is costing me a few seconds, definitely need to figure out what's going on there. I tried to turn in later using the old lines but then I'm not using the new pavement on the outside which just feels slower to me. I'll review the data from my other sessions and see if it was faster turning in later and staying off the new pavement. And you're right, my car is very strong on the back straight for some reason, I was pulling in a 15' Camaro SS manual w/ 1LE package. Not surprisingly, he kept pulling away from me going around Hog Pen. My car is very unstable through that portion of the track, that 1LE package is no joke! Speaking of unstable, it was unstable on the back straight also so I lift pretty early before the desired brake point (2 marker), pretty sure my shocks are getting tired. Desired brake point because I need some brake ducts for the front brakes, heat was probably a big contributor to the pad separating, the other being manufacturing defect speaking of which, I should be calling PFC right now instead of lurking in the forums!
Square setup definitely does help. On a test drive years ago after square setup, it was amazing how noticeable the car was eager to turn in.

Crazy trail braking works equally well with R-comp - you'll just be doing it at higher speeds (more fun!).
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0