08-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #14
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
Dont go the 255/295 route. I did it and figured out just like I was told the front really starts to push at max grip relative to the rear. The 275 front is a better overall balance to the 295 rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post

Front - 9.5" wheel - I would definitely run 275/30/19. I would never pair a 255 front with a 295 rear unless you want to add understeer to the car. A 265/30 is a smaller diameter than OEM and it will be the shortest sidewall height of all of the options you listed. It will be easier to fit than a 275/30 but it will have a shorter sidewall height which I don't like. Your front offset is fairly aggressive so I would plan to pull your front alignment pins and max out your OEM camber. You will be able to get around -1.6 which is mild IMO (I run -2 on the street and -2.8 on the track). The car responds well to camber in the front and you won't have significant inner tire wear unless you add too much toe. Toe is harder on tires than camber. Without camber the 275's will look a little funny, stick out past the fenders, and possibly rub. Lastly the 275's will graze the back of the fender liner at full lock (so will 255/35's) which is not a big deal and you won't even notice it unless you inspect your fender liner. 275's in the front is all that I run on this car and all that I will ever run because I love the extra grip.
Slicer is the one that told me not to run the 255 with the 295, the first time I really drove the car to its limit it pushed pretty good. I only have 9" front so that is why I did it anyway.
I am ordering a set of 10" fronts so I can go to the 275. Like slicer said I run -1.7 on the street.