View Single Post
      08-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #10
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Here are my thoughts... since it appears as if there is some expectation that I would have an opinion on this topic.

First of all it appears as if you don't understand how tire sizing works. The profile height is a ratio based on the tire width. A 245/35 tire has almost the exact same sidewall height as a 275/30 tire. (245 * 0.35 = 275 * 0.30)

Rear - 11" wheel - I would definitely run 295's - PSS for street, AD08 for street / track. All of the sizes you listed will fit with the exception of the 305/30/19. I would definitely lean towards a 295/30/19 on an 11" wheel. I currently have 295's on an 11" wheel with the same et25 offset. I have G-Force Rivals and they run super wide - even wider than Yokohama AD08's. I have very slight rubbing on the plastic fender liner where there is a protrusion at the attachment point of the rear bumper and fender. I wouldn't expect to have any issues with Michelin PSS which run round at the tread shoulder. Yokohama AD08's may graze the liner but only in big bumps with the car loaded.

Front - 9.5" wheel - I would definitely run 275/30/19. I would never pair a 255 front with a 295 rear unless you want to add understeer to the car. A 265/30 is a smaller diameter than OEM and it will be the shortest sidewall height of all of the options you listed. It will be easier to fit than a 275/30 but it will have a shorter sidewall height which I don't like. Your front offset is fairly aggressive so I would plan to pull your front alignment pins and max out your OEM camber. You will be able to get around -1.6 which is mild IMO (I run -2 on the street and -2.8 on the track). The car responds well to camber in the front and you won't have significant inner tire wear unless you add too much toe. Toe is harder on tires than camber. Without camber the 275's will look a little funny, stick out past the fenders, and possibly rub. Lastly the 275's will graze the back of the fender liner at full lock (so will 255/35's) which is not a big deal and you won't even notice it unless you inspect your fender liner. 275's in the front is all that I run on this car and all that I will ever run because I love the extra grip.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0