View Single Post
      10-27-2007, 08:26 AM   #30
sebastian869

Drives: 335i

RFT question

Hi, I just got a new '07 335i. It came with RFT (I have a '00 330i before that did not have them). I was wondering if anyone can tell me in detail why reg tires are better then RFT (weight, stiffness?). Also as I have only 1000 miles on these tires does anyone know of a cheap way to swap them for a non RFT set? I'm sure mine have to be worth 150 a pop (at least). Lastly, I was thinking about removing my spare, as it only adds weight and I have AAA and since its a lease service from BMW.

P.S. I bought the tire/rim package when leasing the car. Does anyone know if they replace the tires from weare or just damage (On my 330 I had stock low profiles and every time I hit a large pot hole I got a bubble on the wall). I do know sales guy told me they dont cover damage if the wall is "slashed". I drive a lot in the NYC tri-state area and as residents know, these roads suck. They are not meant for a BMW (not to mention with a sports package), I'd be more worried about breaking my suspension from a huge pot hole then tire/rim.