04-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #10
Exclusivs
Major
No_Country
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalit@AUTOcouture View Post
We had Clubsports on Big Purp which were going to be replaced with Ohlins but the car was sold prior to the new setup being delivered. Both of our shop E92's, my recently sold AW and Sal's MR have since been on Ohlins and I've got not a single bad thing to say about them. The swift spring setup (check it out here) along with Vorshlag camber plates is win. Throw some RD sways in the mix and .
Good to hear. The only "bad" thing, I've heard so far in regards to Ohlins in the "Servicing." Though, it is recommended to service all coilovers at a certain point in their life-span, apparently Ohlins puts a bigger stress on it. Though, being the coilover is relatively new to the market, I don't think many guys have done this or even plan on it. More of a preventative measure so to speak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
Ohlins R&T are most definitely on par with the clubsports for track duty and pairing them with the Vorshlag camber plates is a proven combination. As for the softer springs, this is an approach to achieve greater mechanical grip. If you are looking to increase lateral stiffness, get larger antiroll bars.
Excellent! Good to know this, are you running Ohlin R&T + Sways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Maybe on smooth roads. CS is shit ride quality compared to JRZ RS1 or Ohlins RT for street use on anything bumpy.

I had CS, adjusted them many many many times.
So I've heard. It might be a different story for the 3-way Clubsport, which I'm not reading good things about in regards to daily driving/bump compliance, but the 2-way seem to be strictly geared towards track performance, with slack in daily ride comfort. Both great setups, I'm sure I will not be disappointed in either, just need to identify your needs, and cars primary function!