No wonder there won't be 2014 Indian GP.
India’s Supreme Court will deliberate tomorrow whether Sunday’s grand prix at the Buddh International Circuit should go ahead.
Campaigner Amit Kumar has brought a petition before the court claiming the race should not go ahead, arguing the organisers have not paid tax owed on last year’s race.
Kumar previously succeeded in blocking the F1 race from receiving tax-exempt status from the Uttar Pradesh government.
Race organisers Jaypee Sports told the BBC: “Whatever the court says, we are ready to follow.”
The Indian Grand Prix has already lost its place on the 2014 F1 calendar and the political disputes surrounding the race have cast doubt on whether it will return in 2015.
If Sunday’s race were cancelled and not replaced, there would be insufficient points available in the remaining three races for Sebastian Vettel to be beaten to the drivers’ championship or for Red Bull to be stopped from winning the constructors’ championship.