View Single Post
      10-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
thompps
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Limited Edition 500

CIC/Combox expert needed! iPhone 5 in M3

Hi All, I'm completely new to the world of BMW I have been reading MANY posts from many members in recent days on the baffling world of connectivity and I need some expert help. I was wondering if someone would be good enough to help with a question I have.

I have everything I want functionality wise in the car through USB iPod connection/ extended bluetooth / snap-in cradle, and I'm trying to put them all together in one solution. The cable connection to my iPhone 5 gives me the ability to chose my playlists etc along with cover art and play music through it. That's great, but I have an iPhone Connect snap-in adapter (part number 84 21 2 351 308) and want to use this to play the music in addition to the increased aerial signal.

Currently, it only charges and looking at the combox (or is it a CIC...photo attached) in my boot (2012 E92) I can see the blue connector is empty. I have purchased the cable (part 61119202749) from BMW and a base plate (6NR - 8410 9189 619) from cage911 on the forum. I'm hoping with my options in my case it actually will be as simple as changing the baseplate and running the cable.

Do you agree? There's currently no option in External Devices for the 2nd USB device (snap-in cradle), but I'm hoping this will appear once the cable is inserted, or will it need coding? I have professional media and nav, and extended bluetooth in the car.

Does anyone agree it could be this simple??

If you agree that could work, do you have any guide to running the cable through the various trim parts and removing the current base plate? I have searched and searched and cannot find anything.

I really appreciate in advance any time you give to answering my question, you're all probably pretty fed up with the amount of questions you must get in this area.

cheers, Peter

Appreciate 0