Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W Cole View Post
Really? Mine is definitely louder but sounds more raspy/hollow above 4K RPM. But I guess its worth it for a few extra HP.
agreed, it's a very unsubstantial and hollow V8 growl turning into the signature M V8 howl, don't get me wrong, it sounds fine when it's howling, but growl is like the frequency and quantity of noise went up (example, from 70hz @ 83db before, to 250hz @ 93db after). It's not a bad quality of noise, it's just "different" having exhaust "buzz" vs. exhaust "boom" around 1,800-2,000rpm compared to having cats. It's also raspy in sound when accelerating at heavier throttle inputs until the exhaust warms up. The exhaust "pop" that it farts out after each DCT shift and downshift sounds pretty cool though.

If I were to do it all over, I would have gone with a thicker walled X-pipe to quell some noise emanating from the test pipe area (I can tell a difference, and no, there's no exhaust leak), or install a small resonator on the test pipes.
Appreciate 0