View Single Post
      10-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
swifty
Major

Drives: FO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
Quality in look and feel or quality in function? I have rarely heard a complaint about TCK on a primarily street driven car.
Quality in overall function. The feel of the shocks I guess is fine because they used Konis on the true match though custom valved but at the end of the day it's still konis for almost the same price as ASTs. Also the early adopters had issues with the springs as it was a tad too wide. There is a whole thread on it on e90post and I've had many pms back and forth with other members. Plus the suspension would easily bottom out as well even though I wasn't slammed (1.5 finger gap).

Also the older konis were exposed and not as durable in winters and neither were the original springs. Think the new ones have cover on the shocks.

Customer service: Well initially when I called them, they gave me the price of the new springs and told me I had to pay. Told them this should be covered under warranty and they never bothered to get back to me seeing I'm in Canada. Then when the e90 thread went up their rep here and I went back and forth and then he asked that I read out the part numbers (which would mean uninstall or removing all the rims etc) even though I told them what they were from the original details I had. Nway I planned to upgrade either way so gave up on trying to reason with them.

All I'm saying is that there are better options now at that price point and like Harold stated, many of the newer ones are monotubes.

Current: FO e92 M3

Last edited by swifty; 10-16-2013 at 08:52 PM.