View Single Post
      10-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #160
dj_dub
NoFüknJoke
Philippines
Rep

Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
Just finished installing mine tonight. This thread has been a big help from start to finish. Thanks to all that contributed!

My experiences:
1. Wear gloves to get a good grip on the stock shift knob to remove it, that really helped me out since that SOB is in there good!
2. I had a difficult time removing the stock base ring from the stock boot, it's really glued in there! Just be patient, once you get enough off the rest seems to come off easier.
3. I didn't glue the M5 Boot to the stock base ring, just need to cut big enough holes around the clips so they can clip in freely.
4. A second pair of hands helped me a lot when performing the final installation. Luckily my wife was game to help me out tonight (thank you baby Jesus! lol). The second pair of hands came in handy when keeping the leather tucked in cleanly and making sure all the clips were securely clipped in tight. If you did this correctly, the base shouldn't pop off without a nice tug like the initial removal.

It's definitely a lower height than stock, but I like it...I can still rest my arm on the armrest and shift no problem. The shifting feels amazing with the heavier knob. 1st to 2nd is definitely improved for me.

Just thought I'd share my personal experiences and opinions, hopefully it'll help some of you out. Thanks again for this thread! Cheers!

OEM BMW F10 M5 Shift Knob by dj_dub, on Flickr
ESS Tune | aFe Stage 2 CF Intake | RPi X-Pipe & Scoops | Akrapovic w/CF Tips | MS Pulleys | WPC Bearings w/ARP Bolts | KW S/O | Dinan CF Strut Braces | Varrstoen ES1 | Hankook V12 | Verstraβe Spacers | Hardwired V1 | Perf Elec Steering Wheel V2 | F10 M5 Shift Knob | OEM CF Trim | BMWPedals.com | Arkym CF Front Lip & Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS Extensions | OEM CF Spoiler & Mirror Covers | 3M Black Roof

Last edited by dj_dub; 10-01-2013 at 01:57 AM.