Originally Posted by bbbbmw
Wishful thinking is indeed nothing more than a failure of logic. This list of Hillary lies is from 2008:
- Chelsea was jogging around the Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. (She was in bed watching it on TV.)
- Hillary was named after Sir Edmund Hillary. (She admitted she was wrong. He climbed Mt. Everest five years after her birth.)
- She was under sniper fire in Bosnia. (A girl presented her with flowers at the foot of the ramp.)
- She learned in The Wall Street Journal how to make a killing in the futures market. (It didn't cover the market back then.)
Whoppers She Won't Confess To
- She didn't know about the FALN pardons.
- She didn't know that her brothers were being paid to get pardons that Clinton granted.
- Taking the White House gifts was a clerical error.
- She didn't know that her staff would fire the travel office staff after she told them to do so.
- She didn't know that the Peter Paul fundraiser in Hollywood in 2000 cost $700,000 more than she reported it had.
- She opposed NAFTA at the time.
- She was instrumental in the Irish peace process.
- She urged Bill to intervene in Rwanda.
- She played a role in the '90s economic recovery.
- The billing records showed up on their own.
- She thought Bill was innocent when the Monica scandal broke.
- She was always a Yankees fan.
- She had nothing to do with the New Square Hasidic pardons (after they voted for her 1,400-12 and she attended a meeting at the White House about the pardons).
- She negotiated for the release of refugees in Macedonia (who were released the day before she got there).
We're talking about two different things here. Name one
politician that hasn't told lies or made mistakes. I could go through the list of crap that anyone else spewed. But that just gets into a tit-for-tat thing that accomplishes nothing and consumes time unnecessarily. Not to mention that someone's actions in the past don't necessarily correlate to potential actions in future unrelated situations if their responsibilities were substantially different. I never claimed that she's always told the truth about everything - nice try at a straw man. What I did say is that she doesn't have a history of saying one thing and doing something else, and I meant it as a comparison to BO.
In terms of resetting the relationship with Russia that Bush had developed, I did see a quotation where she at least implied that the policies of the Bush admin were inoperable, so I see your point. In a situation that was 180 degrees from what we have now, she displayed poor form for sure.
The real relevance here and now is whether or not she would have tolerated the crap from Putin/Asaad the way BO did, given failed bilateral relations with Russia especially since Putin took over. Would she have threatened, only to rescind, military action? And would she go to either of them and badmouth other colleagues in the presence of adversaries? My position is that she wouldn't. Some hysterical regurgitated list on the internet just doesn't apply here.
Especially one by Dick Morris who is not likely to give her a fair shake. Here's the source of the information you swiped/pasted: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...t_of_lies.html
And yes - it is certainly wishful thinking on your part to imply that she would try and become more friendly with an adversary as the relationship circles the drain. There really isn't anything to base that on except, as I alluded to earlier, bias.