09-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter View Post
I miss doing the combo with SCDA ( didn't work out date wise with me either opportunity this year). I liked how you got faster when the yellow vette served as a rabbit for you on Thunderbolt.

When I am on a empty track, I tend to mellow out a little. I get my best times trying to chase someone faster than me.

I have 2 Watkins Glen runs coming up. With GVC BMW and then a week later with NASA. With GVC, they will get upset if anyone hits a wall and with NASA you walk around and count the wreaks in the paddock ( I have seen 12 in 1 weekend).
Hey there!

The yellow Vette was a C5 Z06 driven by an instructor. (Our last run of the day mixed in instructors and intermediate 2 with advanced.) I told him it was my highlight of the day following him. I saw him coming up behind and pointed him by, and then tried to stay with him. I managed to hold a steady distance behind him for a few laps. He got me to step it up, but I was also trying to concentrate on my own line. I didn't want to run out of talent trying to directly mimic him. He got very sideways at a few points, especially right before I pointed him by. That's why I let out a "woo-hoo" in the video clip, watching him hang it out in my mirrors. He later told me he was using $99 Firestone all-seasons, and burning through them at will.

Unfortunately, there always seems to be damage of some sort at any of these events. For these two days, there was a different C5 Z06 that blew its engine, spilling oil all over the track, a Porsche 944 or 968 with a Chevy V8 engine swap that also blew its motor, and an exotic LMP-looking kit car that looked vaguely like a Saleen S7 that proceeded to catch on fire and melt its plastic engine cover (driver reportedly okay, thankfully). Fortunately, no big smashes into the guardrails that I was aware of.