View Single Post
      09-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #10
Ken37.73
Private 1st Class

Drives: E92 M3 Jet Black

Hi all. Prompted by this and similar threads I contacted Evolve to ask about upgrading my stage 1 to the servo tune. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with, as was the case when I got my original tune. Within a day or two I had recieved my new tune from Sal and uploaded it having first successfully downloaded the updated cable software.

The driving experience closes off one of my personal settings bugbears in that I like only having the EDC setting on my M button with all other settings on the key. Obviously I've therefore had to compromise on not having sport steering on permanently, as of course it can't be separated from the M settings. One of the great effects of my original tune was that it gave the kind of throttle response (only better) that was available on Sport+. In short the best steering and throttle settings (most aggressive) are now on the key and the damper adjustment is on the M button. Perfect for me.

As for the driving experience I would say that the steering now loads up much more naturally mid-corner than before. I was so used to the old version that I had forgotten it could be this way. Suffice to say I'm am really enjoying it. The parking assistance also genuinely works only at parking speeds.

Thanks to Sal and all at Evolve, they turn the M3 up to 11 !

Ken