View Single Post
      09-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #71
wanesso
Private
Rep

Drives: '08 e92 M3, no mods,no probs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHman View Post
I am planning on ordering an M3 coupe with pick-up at BMW's Performance Center next spring. However the now available (to the US market) Audi RS5 is a compelling alternative. Potential drawbacks, aside from brand preference, would be DSG (i.e. DCT) only and AWD. Otherwise both use a N.A. engine developing similar power. Assuming equal equipment both are priced the same.

The RS5 has been available overseas for a few years. Perhaps some forum members have been able to drive this car and can comment the pros and cons vs. the M3.

I have owned several BMW's with my last one being a 335i vert. The M3 is on my short list of vehicles to own but it doesn't hurt me to consider other vehicles before committing $70k or so dollars on a purchase.
I am considering the RS5 and the E93 AMG (all wheel drive) as the alternative to the S5 winter car whose lease is up....but the grill on the RS5 is too ugly and the mercedes has got to prove its worth. I'll keep the S5 (and it's an eye turning beauty queen) for a year and see what happens. The RS5 still doesn't quite match the M3.........man I love my M3.......