View Single Post
      09-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #30
Cool Steel
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ZCP DCT

First of all you have to understand in the American performance car world everyone hates M3 and BMW drivers. Why? because they are jerks ....and now its fact: LOL

http://articles.wsbt.com/2013-08-15/bmw-owners_41416028

Why do things happen like the OP Mentioned??? I think it is perception some wrong some right.

I come from the Vette, GTO, and Dodge performance world and over there they hate M3 drivers. I fell in love with the car from a pure performance stand point. I don't care what the perception is regarding what it symbolizes.

However, here is the perception that follows the BMW driver around - that I have listened to for over 20 years on other forums :

Rich jerks, who talk performance however they have never changed a part in their car themselves, they may modify but they have someone do it for them -and they couldn't do it themselves. Rich boys, mommy and daddy paid for the car, mommy and daddy paid for college education, mommy and daddy got them the job, show offs, wanna be racers. Followers who want to fit in. etc etc etc.

After coming on this forum.. I have found that this is only half true. There are allot of people who don't fall into that category but there are unfortunately allot who do....

Lets face it, we have a thread on what kind of watch you wear and a bunch of jerks thinking they are awesome because they wear a 1k watch. We argue about DCT vs MT ALL the time and I now defend the DCT all the time because all the MT drivers are constantly putting down the DCT owners...and a host of other stupid things....

Yea, some BMW M3 owners are simply jerks....that's why the g35 may have been fuggin with you...

Newly placed disclaimer:
Disclaimer:
This is simply an observation on what I have experienced in the past. The opinion of other forums and car owners is not necessarily mine. I was only sharing my past experience. Attacking me will not change the opinion of other forums or performance car groups. This was simply a possible explanation for why the G35 was acting like a douche. I am not defending the G35 owner he is an ass hat. This post was done to hopefully help all my fellow jerk BMW owners by shedding some light on the perception that follows us.

If you hate the M3 it is only because you can not afford it ....or you have never driven one.

Last edited by Cool Steel; 09-05-2013 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0