09-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
Superhiro
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 Alpine White E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
It took Driven Dynamics 4 tries to finally get it right. This was several years ago when I had my e92 335i, but it's best to call around and make sure that an overlay is being used before wasting your time.

They tried heat, glue, sanding, tinting over the dots, but it all looked like shit. They will tell you it'll look better after a few days and it still looks like shit.
So I just got back from LA Tint, and am VERY happy with the results so far. Will have to wait a day or two for everything to dry out, but my quick initial inspection before heading back to the office showed clean cuts all around with no gaps. No bubbles, lint to be seen. They did use a black vinyl strip for the dot matrix, and it looks clean (Yes, it is a slightly darker band at the top, but looks fine) and that work was included in the standard cost of their tint job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
What are the prices people are paying? It's been a long time since I've gotten a car tinted.

It was about $300-ish in VA and $180-ish in MD back then.
I just paid $270 including tax for the Formula One Comfort Series with the vinyl strip for the dot matrix fix. I'll post pics of the work this weekend once it all dries out.