View Single Post
      08-13-2013, 12:42 AM   #1
R3dn3k Flyby
BigMacs
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [9.67]
Extended Maintenance Plan - I think I need it, but educate me please.

Bought 2011 M3 yesterday. 49k on clock. Original 4yr/50k has 1yr/1k left. Added 4 year up to 100k mile warranty. At the time of paperwork, passed on the extended maintenance. Today, after getting past the blur of the buying process, I checked the maintenance tracker and it shows rear pads in 8k, front pads in 6k, oil in 8k, etc.

Am I correct in that when the pads are replaced, so are the rotors?

Based on the fact I'd basically have the choice to either have no maintenance, or have 3 years/50k miles of maintenance, I think it makes sense to do it. I'm probably a 12k-13k mile a year driver, but wife and I just moved to AZ, my commute is a bit bigger than it was in WA, and my wife and I plan to take lots of road trips.

According to Carfax, plugs were changed at 27k and it says "brakes replaced" at 27k as well, which seems rather early, unless the original owner was an aggressive driver.

Assuming I nearly hit the 100k mile mark in the next 3 years, good idea to extend the maintenance?

2020 RDX A-Spec : Apex Blue Pearl / Red
Appreciate 0