Thanks South! Some interesting tidbits in there:
1. Transmission oil is not considered "lifetime"
2. Clutch and dual mass flywheel must be replaced as a single unit
3. Verification that EDC is passive in sport mode
4. Unequal length half shafts (I'm surprised)
5. Knock ion detector failures can cause audio system problem (who would have thunk?)
6. Same transmission as used in 335i and US release E60 M6 (except cooler is added). Either the diff is really efficient or the S65B40 is underrated based on limited dyno charts available to date
7. Very little changes for the US release (seat cushions, fuel tank leakage diagnosis module) means no power derating or weight gains
8. Unusual firing order for a V8 engine
9. The DME is "only" rated for 9,000 RPM, so increasing rev limiter might be difficult if not impossible.
10. Excessive transmission oil temperature can invoke limp home mode
Can anybody point me to the equivalent E60 M5 PDF (that is not scanned)?
'03 X5 4.4i Blue/Tan
'06 E90 330Xi 6MT Sparkling Graphite/Terra
'08 E92 M3 6MT Jerez/Speed Cloth <-- Evil Twin
Last edited by rvacha; 09-21-2007 at 09:39 AM.