View Single Post
      07-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
FormulaMMM
Major

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apecush View Post
Be sure to suck all old fluid out of your reservoir prior to bleeding or you will be using a lot more fluid than you really need to.
This is the key. Had a very successful flush (if I don't say so myself) last weekend. My 2nd time attempting.

First time I did not get any fluid out of the master cylinder beforehand. Sat at the back right for what seemed like 20 minutes waiting for all of the old to come through.. Also had quite a bit of leaking around the master cylinder cap (use the Motive Bleeder), and one of the joints that connects the two lines coming out of the bleeder. Not sure if related. All of the fluid in the cylinder creating back pressure perhaps?

Anyways, last weekend got all of the old fluid out of the master cylinder with a turkey baster first. Then 1 liter of fluid into the bleeder, had probably 1/4 liter remaining once I was done. No leaking whatsoever. Absolutely thorough flush -- went from the yellow ATE to the Super Blue. So >1 liter is not needed, but it's not a bad idea to have some extra on hand.
Jerez Black 6MT E90 M3: Velos Designwerks Tune, Megan Racing Catback (past) | Akrapovic Evolution (present), Macht Schnell Filter, Stoptech ST-40 Front + Pagid RS29 | Stock Rear + Ferodo DS2500, Apex EC-7 18x10 ET25 + Nitto NT01 275/35/18.
Jet Black DCT E90 M3: Akrapovic Slip-On, tbd...