View Single Post
      07-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #59
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R View Post
...That frozen blue M3 is an awesome looking car. I wonder about the longevity of the paint however.....
for the answer to that you simply have to look through this thread. theses paint jobs have a clear coat like any regular paint job....and they are as durable as them as well. so longevity is just like any other car. no added worries.

the pros are easier car care with no wax involved, the paint also hides scratches and swirls better due to the nature of the clear coat . the only negative is that a Frozen paint job is more expensive to repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R View Post
.... The sticker is $82K iirc. It's also the last of the line and I'd have to get it for cost, no question about it. When the M4 is out next year the value of this frozen blue car will tank. This time next year the same car will be worth $55K.
if cost is invoice or lower, then you obviously have an exceptional deal. those frozen special editions also have the matching stitching which i believe is undervalued in that package.

however if you look at the E92 losing value when the M4 will come out....if that's how you look at this car, then this is not worth it to you. these will be two different cars....and if numbers are all you see and if you want the latest and greatest, then the M4 will be a better bet for you.

however, the M4 will probably be priced with a premium mark up and will have all the problems of a first generation performance car. not worth it to me.

IMO, the E92 is only worth buying for people who like this particular engine, or anything specific to this car and maybe have a value for M history and
heritage.it's also my opinion that it's a car that can have some future value some 20-30 years down the road due to it's significance in BMW and M history.
Appreciate 0